Extraordinarily ordinary

Well, I suppose unless you're like Einstein, Beyoncé or Bill Gates, at some point in your life, you've felt as if you're as ordinary as ordinary comes. Or perhaps, it's just my insecurities showing me the true beauties in life. Maybe those of you, who are confident enough, never feel the stabbing pain of having to disappear into the background. 
All my life, I've had trouble with fitting in, but at the same time, I've had so much pressure on myself because I was too ordinary. Don't even get me started on the paradox. I am full of pardoxes. (I'm hoping to address that on a later post) 
I'm average in every aspect of life. I'm not too beautiful for someone to do a double take, not too ugly for someone to laugh behind my back. I was never the first in the class, but I was never the last either. You get the gist. 
I've long since deemed that I need a sun to shine for me. I was always the moon. When the moon is out, people would talk as if there is nothing higher in grace than the shimmer of the moon-glow. During an eclipse, people would enjoy looking at how the moon would disappear - does it really make a difference in the night sky? I highly doubt it. I'm the moon: I am not noticeable by myself. People have known to revel in watching me go away. And as the old fables go, like the moon, I too possess the ability to turn everyone around me into raging lunatics. I'm quite powerful that way. 
I've lived a little more than 20 years so far, and so far the little to nothing wisdom I've got hold of has taught me nothing on how to be less ordinary. I don't know if there's a cure for it. A magic portion maybe? There never will be a quick fix for Ordinarigitis. 
Let me tell you how I deal with it though. Books. I read whenever I get a chance, and the reason I got so addicted to reading was that I had escapist tendencies, for as long as I can remember. Books took me to places no ordinary girl could go to. At 20, I've lived a thousand lives, some quite marvelous, some absolutely melancholy. But none, as tedious as mine.
And you know what, when I'm reading, when I'm escaping, when I'm a world away from my own, I'm not just the sun, I'm the whole fricking galaxy. 
Thank you for reading. 
To infinity and beyond (and beyond that) 

Comments

  1. PLEASE WRITE MORE. WEEKLY UPDATES PLEASE. YOU GO GURLLL SO PROUD OF YOU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Lining

Fighting my battle!